Sportarm Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Sportarm Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/04/18.
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- Australian Privacy Act 1988 (APA)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information that this website collects and why we collect it
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this.
Contact and registration forms
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on the Sportarm Contact Us page, on the EnglishGuns.com Contact Us page or Servicing & Repairs page, or should you register an account for our online shop, we will store some of your data on our web server.
Our server is provided by Amazon AWS, using Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). EC2 provides a number of security features to keep your data safe including:
- Monitoring and logging
- Access control
- EU-based data centres that comply with the relevant EU legislation surrounding data security and protection
- Amazon.com, Inc. is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield and AWS is covered under this certification.
Our site is also served over HTTPS using an SSL certificate. HTTPS is a secure version of HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP for short). The ‘S’ stands for Secure. This is a method for ensuring secure communication between a user’s browser and our web server. It is often recognised as showing a padlock in the browser window to indicate a secure connection.
Our website will also email a relevant member of Sportarm staff when a form is submitted. This data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to MailChimp who provide us with our email marketing platform. We consider MailChimp to be a third party data processor.
Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use their services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list.
You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
Third party data processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf, including MailChimp and Google. These third parties are based in the USA and are all EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Process orders that you have placed through our online shop
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you will see a box that you can tick to indicate that you agree to be contacted for marketing purposes. If you do not tick this box, we will not contact you for email marketing purposes under any circumstances
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link that appears in all email marketing communications that we send you.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Sportarm, The Stables, Princes Street, Dorchester Dorset DT1 1TW.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.